Monday, February 25, 2008

My Calabar Experience

Calabar to me is a beautifull city, that paints the picture of the New Nigeria that want to live nin.
On arrival, I used calculux line, nice service good transport company, I headed straight t tombai guest house.
I appreciate the air in calabar its so fresh and calabar is green that made me come up with the keep warri green campaign and we are entering the first phase of that project by carrying out sensitization workshops here in secondary schools.
Mr Jerry is a solid leader, his compassion, forthrightness and listening ability is what emulating. My teachers were very great Esther, Emeka and the inspiring Leke…o boy you are great.
The meeting opened me up to a whole world of possibilities in IT and taking it global platform, and also the networking was awesome, I was able to network with Purpose (Benin City) the founder of Smiles Africa, Ebi the Bayela state coordinator of CLCWA.
The open forum we had was thought provoking, from the open forums you could tell that Nigeria will be great because a new generation is coming that will build it. I believe we are moving from the Nigeria we are living now to the Nigeria we want to be in.
My fellow Delta state delegate was simple awesome, Fego. I learnt a lot of lessons from her. by the way watch out for her soon coming magazine INSPIRO you do not want to miss it mail her figobud@yahoo.com for details
One of the experiences of Calabar was the local dishes, pepper soup rice and Eba/afam. True to its description on papers, calabar is a clean city. I do not know how far we can go but I want to be an agent of change in transforming warri to become a CLEAN/GREEN city starting from secondary schools here and building there capacity to be volunteers, check this blog for project note on this, this will be carried out under the Earth Charter platform.
Like Nigeria that we are now, most times the street lights were not on due to PHCN, but believe we can begin to power the street lights of our nation wth solar systems and other forms of energy.
If every city can become like Calabar, we can have a clean Nigeria that wil be the first step to CHANGE & DEVELOPMENT.
I commend the efforts of Jerry, National coordinator for CLCWA and his implementing team for the great work done. In warri slang’s “u 2 much”.
I will write more on calabar,gat to go…

No comments: